Saturday, March 1, 2008

Tried & true cleaning recipes that cost less

I found this book "How to clean practically anything" By Sydney Pemberton on the Choice Magazines web site. It is great. I was so sick of spending tons of money on cleaning products that we literally "flush away". This is my favorite household spray & wipe cleaner that I love - you can halve the recipe if needed.
4L hot water
2 tbsp cloudy ammonia
125ml white vinegar
2 tbsp bicarbonate soda
2-3 drops lavendar or lemon (optional)
2 tbsp basic household soap cleaner (I use dishwashing liquid)
Method- Pour 4 litres of hot water into a bucket & mix in all the ingredients. Let cool and pour into spray bottles. Use as an all-purpose cleaner for kitchens & bathrooms surfaces.

This book is avaliable at the library. I then bought my own copy cheap from ebay.

When we moved house I used this on our walls and the results were amazing. 4 tablespoons of baking soda , 1 tablespoon bleach to 1 litre of water. This is a great general cleaner and saves money and fuss.

No comments: