Tuesday, May 10, 2011



The Brisbane Welfare Coop is a fantastic was to get bulk grains, nuts, eatable seeds and all those things that we have been learning about the last few months. Membership for this Co-op is $10 and you must organise that with your order. Talk to Sally or Malcolm in our ward for this, others feel free to contact us about joining or see the home page which has all the information that you need to join.

You just head to the homepage and click on 'preview Order'. Now anyone can do this, you don't need to be a member but you must be a member to order and due to our State Laws we can not take third party orders. You must only order for yourself.



Now the exciting news in this order is that the Whisper Mills are the cheapest I have ever seen!! For me this was the best, oh I know I have use that word loosely because we all know I'm addicted to a lot of my kitchen appliances, but with a grain mill the sky is the limit for what you can use your grains, seeds etc for.

For the May 2011 - Grains, Sugar offer, will close on Sun, 22 May 2011 and the Apr 2011 - Herbs Spices Vinegar etc offer, will also close on Sun, 22 May 2011. So you need to order and pay for that by that date.

The steel drums are available through the co-op as well. For those of you wanting to order the plastic containers through people in Plastic click here for a direct link to their price list.


Those of you who haven't been able to attend the Simple Living Classes, we are planning a bulk order together of these containers. I use the 4.5lt & 2.5lt, so look through the catalog and email or phone me with that order so we can get that in. Note that the steel drums sold at People in Plastics are NOT food grade, but all the containers are unless stated otherwise.

We have the Heat Sealer available in the Ward or at my place if that's more convenient ready for you to store and USE! Remember any questions contact me.

No comments: